Monday, 30 March 2009

The Silverback


So I thought I should shed some light on the whole Silverback theme.

A few months back in the latter stages of '08, my housemates developed the idea that basically anyone on the telly who had glasses, was immediately me.

'Wehey, there you are Ad!'
'There he is!'
'Hey, its Adam'

You get the idea. So, we're watching the darts one day and Tony O'Shea comes on, nicknamed 'The Silverback'. Tony also happens to be visually challenged, so immediately the pattern continues, with the added bonus of having a pretty hilarious nickname. So from then on, I have been intermittently referred to by the boys (among other titles I might add) as, The Silverback.

The perks of the Silverback status include the 'Protect the Silverback' campaign, led by Dan on nights out whereby any potential threats to the Silverback are quickly met by stern words, or even worse, by the man himself.

Fortunately it's a title which I do find quite entertaining and am happy to embrace at this point.

1 comment: